Week 24: Bamboo Postures
Poles bring a range of new posture possibilities. The uneven texture and solidity of bamboo makes it fun to work with. They come in a variety of diameters and can be cut to any length. This is just a start as any pole can be used to create interesting poses: broom sticks, weightlifting bars, or that nice tree branch you found in the forest.
- Day 162: Wrists – Explore with crucifixion on the pole. Tie the wrists to each end, and try different ways to anchor the pole on the rest of the body for more restriction.
- Day 163: Elbows – Create a variant of the waitress tie with the pole in the elbow, pulling the arms behind the back with the wrists tied in front.
- Day 164: Arms – Use the pole to add restriction to an upper body tie like the riffle tie or the bunny ears
- Day 165: Ankles – Tie both ankles to the pole and find ways to keep them appart.
- Day 166: Knees – Create a trapeze by trapping the pole behind the knees and play with moving the pole around to move the body with it
- Day 167: Belly – Tie the pole to the hips, explore how it can be used as a lever, crush the belly, move it around
- Day 168: Crotch – aka Harry Potter – Pull the bamboo between the legs, explore different angles and different levels of pressure
We’ll explore more with poles in week 42
Credit: Title picture M: luluXSparkle R/P: Ebi McKnotty – Activity pictures M: Miss_Soffia R/P: Ebi McKnotty