Week 26: Developing New Ties
List of poses could go on and on as there seems to be infinite ways to shape the body. To continue exploring further and create our own tie design we can challenge ourselves in different ways and make new tie emerge.
- Day 176: Mannequin – Make yourself a practice dummy, take a long sleeve sweater and fill it up with towels. Use it to design a more complex tie before trying the tie on someone.
- Day 177: Wraps – Create a ladder on the body to practice wraps and cinches and work on placement, frictions and tension.
- Day 178: Pattern Transfer – Take a tie pattern you like an apply it to another part of the body
- Day 179: Random – Make a list of limbs and body parts and assign them number, then pick dices and randomly choose which body part should be tied to which other part. For more options, you can use a twister spinner.
- Day 180: History – Look into the work of people who inspire you, pick a picture and reproduce the tie
- Day 181: Body Structure – Cover the entire body with rope, make a spiral and loops around each limb. Then use that structure to create different shapes with the body
- Day 182: Chaos – Throw a few ropes on the floor, place a person on the rope, tie everything up together.