Week 47: Pushing the Body
Each person has different physical limits, they will evolve over time, and can even change from day to day. One can find pleasure in pushing their body further, just like we can experience in many sports. As our body warms up, our flexibility and endurance increase. We can train to be able to push ourselves even further. To mitigate risk when exploring our physical limits with rope, we can progressively increase the intensity to avoid crossing boundaries in a big way or causing an injury. We also need to develop good body awareness to prevent long term problems.
The goal of this week is to explore getting closer to the different limits of our body and find out what we enjoy to challenge in our bodies.
- Day 323: Back Bend – Create a tie to challenge the back flexibility. Explore with yoga poses like the camel, bow pose, bridge pose
- Day 324: Forward Bend – Create a tie to challenge the flexibility of the back of the legs. Explore position like the standing forward bend, or the daruma tie.
- Day 325: Splits – Explore how far you can extend the legs, front splits, side splits. You can use an object, of the body itself to pull the body.
- Day 326: Torsion – Create ties to twist the body. Pull the lower body in a direction opposite to the upper body.
- Day 327: Endurance – Explore creating ties that challenge your strength. This can be a position that require engaging the body like a squat or balance position. See how long you can hold and make sure you can release quickly.
- Day 328: Mummification – Wrap the entire body and prevent it from moving
- Day 329: Extended Session – How long can you hold? Create a tie that will be very safe for a long run and test your patience. Can you make a tie so comfortable you can sleep in it?
Credit: M: Bendy_Dude R/P: Ebi McKnotty
Next: Pain and discomfort