Week 40: History
The practice of rope bondage has changed drastically over time. Different inspirations, different styles, different approaches have set the table to the wide variety in today’s creativity. Rope bondage has a rich history that we can dig in and learn from. The past is not all romance, violence, unsafe practices, lack of consent are just some of the darker aspects of bondage history. We can learn from both the greatest innovations and the mistakes from the past. Because of bondage’s unconventional nature, a lot of the history knowledge was lost, but there are more and more people trying to assemble information and recording from our history. It’s an interesting subject to revisit over and over as new information keeps popping up.
The goal of this week is to get a better understanding of bondage history and to discover new sources of inspiration in the rope from the past.
MORE COMING SOON!
Inspirations and Resources
- A Brief History of Rope Bondage by ropestudy
- The History & Myths of Japanese Bondage by Midori
- History and diversification of Kinbaku by Kanna & Kagura
- Outline Chronology of Japanese LGBT History & Japanese SM History by Kanna & Kagura
- Kinbakunomicon by Faviola_Llervu
- Kinbaku Books by Bergbord
- Kitan Club Photography by Mr. Bunjoushashin
- Nostalgic Kitan Club by くろねこ記
- History on Kinbaku Today by Zetsu
- Edo Not Dead…. by NuitdeTokyo
- History & Style: East vs West by Tatu
- Album de photographies de Charles-François Jeandel by Musée d’Orsay
Or return to Spring for more options.