Week 14: Hands in Front
We begin our study of the different body positions with the hands in front of the body. This is a great place to start as these ties are generally less restrictive and more sustainable. We’ll work our way up progressively, from the hips to the neck.
- Day 92: Wrists to Hips – Keep the arms straight along the body and tie the wrists to the hips.
- Day 93: Wrists Down – Tie the wrists together while keeping the arms straight. Also known as front armbinder.
- Day 94: Low Wrists Crossing – Tie the wrists crossing while keeping the elbows mostly straight.
- Day 95: Reverse Box Tie – Tie the forearms horizontally in front in a box position. This is also know and reverse takate kote or reverse TK for short.
- Day 96: Front Prayer – Bring the palms together on the chest in a prayer position. Elbows get pushed out on the sides and can be interesting to tie as well.
- Day 97: High Wrists Crossing – Tie the wrists crossing each other with the elbow bent.
- Day 98: Wrists Up – Bring the hands closer to the face, bend the elbows and tie the forearms together so they stay parallel to each other.
Credit: M: _Era_ R/P: Ebi McKnotty
Next: Hands in the back