Day 19: Serpentine
In a similar spirit to the opening diamond technique, you can create a middle stem and catch it from the sides to create a zig zag pattern. This different aesthetic forces us to explore different wrap placements as everything becomes asymmetric.
Serpentine Chest Harness
Make your own serpentine harness!
Self evaluation checklist:
- Frictions are compact and tight with no undesired twist
- Ropes are flat against the body, no uncomfortable twists
- Tension is even across the tie
- The placement of the horizontal ropes is at an even distance from each other
- The pull on the vertical stem is at an even tension so that it is creating a nice lighting bolt shape
- Variation on the vertical stem: tension, number of ropes, type of attachment
- Variation in placement and number of the horizontal ropes
Play with the direction, alternate pulling left and right, or maybe pull on the same direction a few time
- Magic trick: Try to remove the stem without untying the rest.
- What other techniques can we use to create a zig zag pattern? Hint: chain sinnet and slip stitch.
Credit: Serpentine idea inspired by Zamil M: NathanielFlumen R/P: Ebi McKnotty