Week 24: Bamboo Postures
Poles bring a range of new posture possibilities. The uneven texture and solidity of bamboo makes it fun to work with. They come in a variety of diameters and can be cut to any length. This is just a start as any pole can be used to create interesting poses: broom sticks, weightlifting bars, or that nice tree branch you found in the forest.
The goal of this week is to create interesting shapes with the body using bamboos and poles
- Day 162: Wrists – Explore with crucifixion on the pole. Tie the wrists to each end, and try different ways to anchor the pole on the rest of the body for more restriction.
- Day 163: Elbows – Create a variant of the waitress tie with the pole in the elbow, pulling the arms behind the back with the wrists tied in front.
- Day 164: Arms – Use the pole to add restriction to an upper body tie like the riffle tie or the bunny ears
- Day 165: Ankles – Tie both ankles to the pole and find ways to keep them appart.
- Day 166: Knees – Create a trapeze by trapping the pole behind the knees and play with moving the pole around to move the body with it
- Day 167: Belly – Tie the pole to the hips, explore how it can be used as a lever, crush the belly, move it around
- Day 168: Crotch – aka Harry Potter – Pull the bamboo between the legs, explore different angles and different levels of pressure
We’ll explore more with poles in week 42
Credit: Title picture M: luluXSparkle R/P: Ebi McKnotty – Activity pictures M: Miss_Soffia R/P: Ebi McKnotty