We continue with regular updates to the website. 2020 is full of challenges, it teaches us patience and resilience.
New! Week 7: The Rope
Some of the most frequently asked questions are about the rope itself. The rope shopping page has been around for a while, with the goal of guiding those who are just getting started, but there is so much more to say on this topic. Week 7: The Rope is an in-depth look at the rope, its characteristics and the pro and cons of the different possibilities. It’s about making conscious choices when choosing our tool to match our tying style. Seven topics:
- Size – Length, diameter, trying different size of rope
- Material – Comparing hemp, jute, nylon, cotton and many other exotic materials
- Ends – Knots, whipping, pick your perfect ending technique
- Construction – What’s a strand? What’s a ply? Does my rope need a core?
- Conditioning – Prepping your rope before using it
- Maintenance – Rope maintenance and fixing highstranding
- Colour – dyeing your rope, picking a colour meaningful to you
Each page contains informative text, pictures and links to many other great resources.
Just like everything else, this is a work in progress. I’d like to hear your feedback and adding notes on other’s people preferences. I plan to go back to this and add more pictures when the pandemic allows to.
Update to week 1-2-Summer
A major revision was completed for these three sections and new content was added as well.
- New bottoming tips by sansblague
- Day 1: Updated Sommerville tutorial
- Day 4: Using up rope introduction
- Day 5: Extending rope directly on ties
- Updated text for Week 1 and Week 2
- Updated structure and activity list to Summer and each of the week pages
A lot of those improvements were made following the community feedback, keep on telling us the parts that are difficult to understand, and what is good too. We are also actively looking for people who would like to contribute bottoming tips on the various subjects.
I’m really happy about the new look of the website structure, and hope it will be more intuitive to navigate. The new galleries will make it easier to add more pictures as I get inspired as well.
There are also more technical improvements to the website that were done like an upgrade to the php server and adding a security certificate to the website.
The pandemic is proving to be a bigger challenge than I thought. I’m going to scale back on every objective that involves pictures and continue writing the rest without hard deadlines.
I’m excited to write the chapter about the body which is one of the most important. So much research needs to go into this, I want to take the time to do this right. This project is not a race, it’s a hobby that I take one bite at the time, and continue to polish progressively. Thank you for your patience and support.
Current page count
- Spring: 412
- Summer: 210
- Fall: 129
- Winter: 143
- Total: 894
Will we reach 1000 before the end of the year?